spoon

Recent Recipes

Foodie Favorites: Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas

0

Category : , , ,

One more item I constantly have in my fridge are these guys. For a low carb tortilla, they are very good.



I love bread probably more than the average person. Tortillas I can eat by the fistful -- and sometimes I do, but in trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, I have cut a lot of bread out of my diet. Keep in mind, a true foodie can and will take a face dive into some amazing, freshly baked bread, whenever necessary. I've just found that experiencing everything in moderation is what's right for me.

So, in saying that, I wanted to find something I could rotate through my daily food routine without sacrificing taste, but without skyrocketing my daily carbohydrate intake.

Enter Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas.

At only 80 calories, 2g fat, 12g of carbs, and a whopping 8g of fiber, this is an excellent alternative to the traditional flour tortilla.

I use it in a TON of ways:

Slathered with Nutella or peanut butter, sprinkled with cinnamon and wrapped up with sliced banana

Sliced deli ham with a smeared wedge of Laughing Cow swiss cheese and lettuce, wrapped and cut into roll-up pieces

With grilled or broiled chicken breast seasoned with some chili powder, garlic & cayenne, sliced green pepper and onion, fresh tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream

A little cream or neufchatel cheese, with sliced cucumber and deli turkey and a dash of celery salt

Cut into triangles, baked with garlic salt and dipped into hummus


The above are just a few ways I use the tortillas as a quick snack when I don't have the time to make a full dinner.

Mission has a variety of tortillas, but I like the smaller, whole wheat fajita tortillas best. They are soft and flavorful, with a subtle whole wheat taste that isn't overpoweringly flour-like.

You can find them in any grocery store, and they keep in the fridge for about two weeks when you seal them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.